Camp Pugwash is located on the beautiful Northumberland Strait, near Pugwash,NS, and provides a variety of natural settings, including a beach. We have many new buildings including new cabins and bathrooms. It is the perfect place to experience a variety of activities and to embark on an unforgettable journey. Memories created at Camp Pugwash will ensure that this will be a summer that lasts forever!
Camp Pugwash is a non-profit Christian camp owned and operated by the Maritime Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church Inc. We are happy to accept campers of any race, religion, or nationality. Our camp program features the Christian teaching of salvation according to the Gospels.
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!